Thursday, November 3, 2011

Babalu at Midnight


I wanna go dancing, dancing, dancing
with Babalu in black and white.
I wanna float downstream across the moonlight.
He's always dancing, dancing in black and white-
bongo in hand; black cuban eyes.

Watch us go dancing in to paradise
before morning comes
to steal the night.

The things they've said about midnight are true
the shaping of the human mind into two.
Oh, the things it can do to me and you.
The things it does to Babalu.

I wanna go dancing, dancing, dancing
in black and white
underneath the florescent spotlights.
With his bongo in hand and dark cuban eyes
resembling something I found inside.

Let's keep dancing, Babalu, in our black and white stripes
until Time becomes the villain to steal away the night.
We'll smile towards each other and wave goodbye

This is Babalu and I at midnight.

No comments: